Curly hair can be prone to frizz, tangling, and lack of definition. That’s where curly hair serum comes in! Using curly hair serum can be a game changer for those with curly hair, as it can help to tame frizz, define curls, and add shine to your hair. It’s a simple and effective way to take your curly hair routine to the next level and keep your curls looking their best.
What Is Curly Hair Serum?
Curly hair serum is a hair care product specifically designed for people with curly or wavy hair. It is formulated with a combination of oils and silicones that work together to tame frizz, define curls, and add shine to your hair. Unlike oils, which penetrate the hair shaft, curly hair serums are silicone-based products that sit on top of the hair. This is to smoothen the hair shafts and reduce the appearance of frizz.
Keep in mind that not all serums are created equal! Some are designed to make your hair shiny, while others are made to protect your hair from heat. There are even serums that provide protection from the sun’s UV rays and humidity. You can also find some that are silicone-free and alcohol-free.
How To Apply Curly Hair Serum?
If you’re wondering how to apply curly hair serum, the process is relatively simple.
- First, start by washing and conditioning your hair as usual.
- Then, towel dry your hair to remove excess water.
- Next, take a small amount of the serum (about a dime-size) and rub it between your palms. Starting at the ends of your hair, work the serum through your curls, making sure to evenly distribute it throughout your hair.
- Be careful not to use too much, as a little goes a long way.
Once the curly hair serum is applied, you can scrunch your hair to help define and separate your curls, and allow it to air dry. If you prefer using a hair dryer, be sure to use a diffuser attachment to prevent frizz and enhance your curls. Additionally, set the heat to low or medium to avoid damaging your hair. You can also diffuse with a hairdryer to get the curls you desire.
Righteous Roots Rx Hair Serum
Say goodbye to frizzy, undefined curls with Righteous Roots RX Serum. This specially formulated serum contains a unique blend of natural ingredients such as coconut, olive, avocado, and Jamaican black castor oil that work together to tame frizz, define curls, and add shine to your hair. Not only that, but it also helps to reduce hair loss, stimulates hair growth, and thickens the hair strands. Its detangling properties and reduction of hair frizz and dryness will leave your hair looking and feeling healthier.
Righteous Roots Rx Hair Serum Applying Tips
The Righteous Roots RX Serum can be used in several ways for hair care.
- One method is a hot oil treatment. In this method, the serum is applied from roots to ends, then covered with a shower cap and heated for 30 minutes.
- Another way is to mix it with a deep conditioning product and apply heat for 30 minutes before washing. As a pre-wash detangler and pre-poo, it can be mixed with conditioner and left in the hair for 5 minutes before washing.
- To use it for anti-itch scalp treatment, stimulate and massage the scalp twice a week before showering.
- Lastly, it can also be used to soften the crunchy feeling of styling gel by scrunching it out after applying the gel.
Do & Don’ts Of Applying Hair Serum
Do: Consider your hair type
When applying hair serum, it is important to consider your hair type and behavior. Fine or oily hair types should opt for a lightweight formula, while those with curly hair affected by humidity can benefit from a cream-based serum. Apply the serum throughout damp hair for optimal results.
Do: Use a curly hair serum to control unruly strands
Hair serums can be used to control flyaways and tame frizz. Apply a small amount to your palms and gently press onto strands using a pressing motion. This is especially helpful for areas of breakage.
Don’t: Over apply the curly hair serum
It’s important to be mindful of the amount of product used, as over-applying can weigh down the hair and make it appear greasy. Use a small amount for fine hair and a quarter-sized amount for thicker hair
Don’t: Apply to unwashed strands
Hair serums work best when applied to clean, freshly washed hair. Use the serum as a protectant against environmental aggressors by applying it to damp hair before other styling products. Avoid applying the serum directly on the scalp, to avoid greasy roots.
One of the most important things to remember when using curly hair serum is that everyone’s hair is different, so you may need to experiment with different amounts and application methods to find the best results. It’s essential to also keep in mind that curly hair serum is not one size fits all, and you may require a different amount of serum depending on the texture of your hair, or the amount of curl in your hair.